Some thoughts about costs...

James Bottomley James.Bottomley at SteelEye.com
Sun Jul 30 19:59:04 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 00:27 -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> $11K rental of convention center (note: this includes a $7k discount for
>         being a repeat customer)
> $3K     A-V for 2 days
> $13K    2 days worth of  cont.break/coffee breaks (bev food in a.m. and
>                 p.m.) plus 2 lunches

so that's $27k for two days for ~100 people.  That comes to ~$135 per
person per day excluding accommodation.

> Matthew's quote of 70 UKP/day for a meeting room, accomodation,
> breakfast, morning, and coffee sounds very attractive.  That converts
> over to $126 USD/day, which while more than Les Suites, is not
> outrageous.

Actually, Les Suites was CAD175 per day for accommodation only ...
that's about USD150 ...  The novotel was a more reasonable CAD110 which
is roughly USD100.

The only thing we're really missing to compare apples to apples is the
cost of catered in lunch.

James