[OpenWrt-Devel] SVN to GIT transition / paid patch-checking

edgar.soldin at web.de edgar.soldin at web.de
Tue Oct 13 07:00:26 EDT 2015

On 13.10.2015 12:44, Imre Kaloz wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:33:35 +0200, Bastian Bittorf
> <bittorf at bluebottle.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> It should be easy possible to get funding from all the companies which
>> work with OpenWrt. Is this in option?
>
> Not until we have a nonprofit organization as companies can't have tax deduction in exchange.. This is pretty much the main issue people from said companies brought up at the summit as well.

how about said companies simply employ(part time even)/pay core devs for working on openwrt?

if they really want to give back tax deductability shouldn't be an issue. there are costs of business that are not deductible. why should openwrt people be forced into forming/maintaining organizational infrastructure, when they could spend that time enhancing openwrt instead.

..ede