DNS not working on OSX Mavericks

Kevin Cernekee cernekee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 09:50:01 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> Using openconnect 5.99 on OSX Mavericks (via brew, with vpnc also for
> vpnc-script) I can connect to the VPN server, /etc/resolv.conf gets
> updated but Chrome can't seem to reach the network and doing DNS
> lookups directly using the OSX stack (dns-sd -q foo.com) show that
> it's using the non-VPN name servers. Basically, nothing works.

Could you double-check to see if you're running the latest vpnc-script
from here:

http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/vpnc-script

There is some logic in the script to run scutil on OSX to set up DNS.
The first thing I'd try is running "scutil --dns" to dump out the
current configuration.