android log

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Sun Mar 3 05:43:53 EST 2013

On 03/03/2013 03:00 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I think we ought to be able to bundle them. But I don't think we
> *should* bundle full builds of everything as shared libraries. I think
> we should build minimal versions of the libraries we use (libxml2 can
> have a shitload of stuff turned off, for example), and link them
> *statically*, which will allow even more of a size reduction as unused
> code gets dropped from the build.

This should be easy to handle on the openconnect level by having a
configure flag --enable-static-link. Said that, it seems it is not easy
to link against a given set of libraries with libtool. The attached
patch will statically link openconnect against installed libtool libraries.

> I've pushed a few changes which give me a working build under the NDK.
> Note that you need -DANDROID since that doesn't appear to be set by

Where does this -DANDROID is needed? When building gnutls ANDROID is
defined.