android log

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Mar 3 09:52:06 EST 2013

On Sun, 2013-03-03 at 11:43 +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> This should be easy to handle on the openconnect level by having a
> configure flag --enable-static-link. Said that, it seems it is not easy
> to link against a given set of libraries with libtool. The attached
> patch will statically link openconnect against installed libtool libraries.

Hm. Then again, we might actually do better to use openconnect-specific
cerbero recipes for libxml2, gnutls, etc. which *only* build static
libraries. We want to build them *all* with minimal configuration, for
example no iconv in libxml etc.

> > I've pushed a few changes which give me a working build under the NDK.
> > Note that you need -DANDROID since that doesn't appear to be set by
>

> Where does this -DANDROID is needed? When building gnutls ANDROID is
> defined.

In my builds, ANDROID wasn't defined so the logging and keystore bits
didn't get enabled at all. I manually added  -DANDROID to CFLAGS for now
in my configure invocation.

I didn't work out how to get cerbero to let me build my current working
tree, so I'm using everything *else* the cerbero built, and building in
my normal work tree with something like the following:

PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/home/dwmw2/cerbero/dist/android_arm/lib/pkgconfig ./configure --prefix /home/dwmw2/cerbero/dist/android_arm --libdir /home/dwmw2/cerbero/dist/android_arm/lib --with-gnutls --with-vpnc-script=/etc/vpnc/vpnc-script --sbindir=/home/dwmw2/cerbero/dist/android_arm/bin --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-silent-rules
--host=arm-linux-androideabi
 CFLAGS="-DANDROID -I/home/dwmw2/cerbero/dist/android_arm/include -L/home/dwmw2/cerbero/dist/android_arm/lib -g"
 CC="arm-linux-androideabi-gcc  --sysroot=/opt/android-sdk-linux_x86/android-ndk-r8d/platforms/android-14/arch-arm"
--disable-shared --enable-static