android log

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Mar 2 21:00:13 EST 2013

On Sun, 2013-03-03 at 00:40 +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:

> I'm not familiar with Android development. Would it be possible for an
> apk package that contains a java front-end, to contain .so libraries
> built not with the Android.mk way? If that's the case, then going with
> the easiest way of building without special rules or makefiles would
> make sense.

I think we ought to be able to bundle them. But I don't think we
*should* bundle full builds of everything as shared libraries. I think
we should build minimal versions of the libraries we use (libxml2 can
have a shitload of stuff turned off, for example), and link them
*statically*, which will allow even more of a size reduction as unused
code gets dropped from the build.

I've pushed a few changes which give me a working build under the NDK.
Note that you need -DANDROID since that doesn't appear to be set by
default. __ANDROID__ is, so maybe we should change to check for that
instead.