android log

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Sat Mar 2 18:04:07 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 10:33:43PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> So... building openconnect in a full AOSP build tree, as Jason and I had
> been doing, is probably not the best way to do it. What *should* we do?
>
> Should we provide a script which downloads the libxml/gnutls/etc
> tarballs and configures+builds them using the NDK, and then builds
> openconnect against them? Or even just expect them to be extracted in
> the local directory, and add their C files directly to the openconnect
> Android.mk (which perhaps should be called Application.mk? )

git submodule?

> Or should we just declare that the way to build for Android is with
> Cerbero?

meh, I'm inclined against unusual dependencies.  What other opensource
Android apps are out there making use of the NDK and multiple libraries?

Hmmm, looks like lildebi [1] might fit the bill.  Check out the build
instructions in the README.

> Or something else? It'd be good if someone relatively clueless could
> manage to build it for Android out of the box without having to jump
> through *too* many hoops...

I do believe I would qualify for this job.  ;-)

thx,

Jason.

[1] https://github.com/guardianproject/lildebi