Hello. I recently acquired a NetWinder...

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Mar 6 11:44:24 EST 2006

http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2006-February/001829.html

It appears the netwinder.net site went offline toward the end of 2004.
Any idea who inherited the copyrights and licenses for stuff you
couldn't put on netwinder.org before after that? I assume the
distributability of the NeTTrom has been resolved, since I was able to
download and use the last official version. Any progress on opening up
the source to it? There was mention on this list of Fedora-based
development going on on the hardware recovered from the old colo, but
not posted anywhere due to a lack of internet access there and a lack
of disk space at the current netwinder.org; any chance that stuff could
all be put on netwinder.osuosl.org along with all the stuff currently
missing from the netwinder.org website? The standard daughterboard has
placeholders for missing (telecom?) chips, but the unused RJ-11
connectors are included anyway. Is there a schematic for this board
anywhere, so that I can look into possibly using those connectors for
other purposes? Where is nwlilo? What is the difference between the
nwfpe and fastfpe modules? What is the status of porting the WaveArtist
driver to ALSA? Current Debian kernel packages don't appear to include
any CyberPro drivers. What is the significance of this? Has there ever
been any kind of Linux support anywhere for the WinBond 9660? I can't
even find a mention of such a chip anywhere. Perhaps it was originally
a typo that should have said 9960, and everybody's been repeating it
ever since? I should take a look at the chip itself to be sure, but
until then, I'll assume it's this one:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010619032254/www.winbond.com.tw/PDF/sheet/
W9960cf.pdf

Is the secondary IDE channel accessible in any way? Has anyone looked
into the possibility of a banana-board for the RAM socket? I'll
probably think of more questions, but these are probably enough for
starters.
--
"Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do."
                                                       --National Lampoon