AW: AW: AW: AW: Strange RPi USB Audio Issue

Michael Zoran mzoran at crowfest.net
Sat Nov 12 13:35:10 PST 2016

On Sat, 2016-11-12 at 22:21 +0100, Arne Caspari wrote:
> Am 12.11.2016 22:10:04 schrieb(en) Michael Zoran:
> > Are you using the same audio player application in both
> > environments
> > with exactly the same settings?  Perhaps one environment is using
> > ALSA
> > and the other is using pulseaudio?
>
> Yes, the test setting is the same. In both cases the audio backend
> is
> the Jack audio server, started with the same command line in both
> cases. I even copied the binaries over to my environment to make
> sure
> the setup is the same. Jack is fed with a simple gstreamer
> pipeline,
> again with the same command line in both cases.
>
> And this is exactly my problem: Everything seems to be the same,
> yet
> both systems act differently. I just do not see what might cause
> the
> difference.
>
> /Arne

Some other possible environment differences I can think of.

1. Using a different account with different permissions between
raspbian and your build environment.

2. Different process environment variables.  I know when running from a
chroot the enviroment can be slightly different.

3. Different file systems mounted.(proc, devtmpfs, debugfs, sysfs,
etc).

4. Different set of background processes. I gave pulseaudio vs. alsa as
an example, but that doesn't appear to be the case with your setup.

The list could be endless.