[GIT PULL] BCM2835/6 changes for 4.5 (I hope)

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Thu Dec 31 08:21:07 PST 2015

On Wednesday 30 December 2015 18:58:31 Florian Fainelli wrote:
> Le 28/12/2015 21:01, Eric Anholt a écrit :
> > Apparently this is really late in the process (sorry!  I still haven't
> > figured out the timelines.), but I'm hoping we could merge these
> > changes for 4.5.  This includes the Raspberry Pi 2 port, with just two
> > minor fixes from the last submission.
> >
> > The reason I've been pushing hard to get pi2 in is:
> >
> > 1) It's a lot of conflict resolution every version since it requires
> > splitting the 2835 DT file.
> >
> > 2) People are generally using pi2 these days, so it means people are
> > more likely to upstream 2835 driver code if we have an upstream port
> > they can run.
> >
> > Testing status: kbuild test robot builds passed.  Boot tested each
> > branch head on pi1.  Boot tested the merge of all 4 branches on pi1.
> > Boot tested the merge of all 4 branches on pi2, with and without the
> > irqchip fixes.
>
> Considering that we are fairly late for v4.5, I would prefer if Arnd,
> Olof or Kevin could take these directly into their respective branches,
> if this is really really too late, then I will queue these changes, and
> the next ones you have for v4.6.
>
> Thanks and happy holidays!

I've merged them now into the respective branches. However, I only
merged the usb-fixes branch for the first two (next/soc and next/drivers)
and decided to cherry-pick the patches from the other two branches
into next/dt and next/defconfig, to minimize the amount of backmerges
when the changes in those branches are clearly not meant to be useful
by themselves without at least the first branch merged in as well.

Please follow up with one more patch to enable bcm2836 in multi_v7_defconfig.

	Arnd