[PATCH v2 1/3] dt-bindings: regulator: Add RPMI voltage service bindings

Conor Dooley conor at kernel.org
Sat Sep 26 14:21:22 PDT 2026


On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 06:15:35PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 05:18:08PM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> > On 25/09/2026 09:14, Joshua Yeong wrote:
> 
> > > While the above method works but I'm trying to get the entire simplify to the following.
> 
> > > user-app-b {
> > > 	compatible = "...";
> > > 	voltage-domains = <&rpmi-voltage 0x01>;
> 
> > I see. Why power domains do not fit here?
> 
> The spec seems to map very clearly onto voltage regulators, it describes
> voltages in mV:
> 
>   https://github.com/riscv-non-isa/riscv-rpmi/blob/main/src/srvgrp-voltage.adoc
> 
> I really don't see any problem describing this as regulators, it seems
> to fulfil exactly the same role as SCMI regulators, supporting things
> like SD slots where the OS genuinely needs to control voltages on a
> mostly system power controller system.

Unless I misunderstand your intent, me either. The binding permits
having regulator subnodes too, so culling this "voltage-domain" business
and going for the regulators alone shouldn't be much of a shift.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-riscv/attachments/20260926/d4b79ef7/attachment.sig>


More information about the linux-riscv mailing list