[PATCH v2 1/3] dt-bindings: regulator: Add RPMI voltage service bindings
Joshua Yeong
joshua.yeong at starfivetech.com
Sat Sep 26 23:37:49 PDT 2026
On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 10:21:22PM +0100, Conor Dooley <conor at kernel.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 06:15:35PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 05:18:08PM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> > > On 25/09/2026 09:14, Joshua Yeong wrote:
> >
> > > > While the above method works but I'm trying to get the entire simplify to the following.
> >
> > > > user-app-b {
> > > > compatible = "...";
> > > > voltage-domains = <&rpmi-voltage 0x01>;
> >
> > > I see. Why power domains do not fit here?
> >
> > The spec seems to map very clearly onto voltage regulators, it
> > describes voltages in mV:
> >
> >
> > https://github.com/riscv-non-isa/riscv-rpmi/blob/main/src/srvgrp-vol
> > tage.adoc
> >
> > I really don't see any problem describing this as regulators, it
> > seems to fulfil exactly the same role as SCMI regulators, supporting
> > things like SD slots where the OS genuinely needs to control
> > voltages on a mostly system power controller system.
>
> Unless I misunderstand your intent, me either. The binding permits
> having regulator subnodes too, so culling this "voltage-domain"
> business and going for the regulators alone shouldn't be much of a shift.
OK, I will just get the "voltage-domain" removed in V3.
More information about the linux-riscv
mailing list