[PATCH v2 1/3] dt-bindings: regulator: Add RPMI voltage service bindings
Mark Brown
broonie at kernel.org
Fri Sep 25 10:15:35 PDT 2026
On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 05:18:08PM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On 25/09/2026 09:14, Joshua Yeong wrote:
> > While the above method works but I'm trying to get the entire simplify to the following.
> > user-app-b {
> > compatible = "...";
> > voltage-domains = <&rpmi-voltage 0x01>;
> I see. Why power domains do not fit here?
The spec seems to map very clearly onto voltage regulators, it describes
voltages in mV:
https://github.com/riscv-non-isa/riscv-rpmi/blob/main/src/srvgrp-voltage.adoc
I really don't see any problem describing this as regulators, it seems
to fulfil exactly the same role as SCMI regulators, supporting things
like SD slots where the OS genuinely needs to control voltages on a
mostly system power controller system.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-riscv/attachments/20260925/d97401fb/attachment.sig>
More information about the linux-riscv
mailing list