MMIO CF/Microdrive and interrupts

Steven Newbury s_j_newbury at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 13:43:35 EST 2007

Hello,
I'm trying to get ide-cs.c to talk to my Microdrive using mapped Common Memory.
The spec states that the device starts up in "memory mapped addressing mode".
Is is the sames as other CF devices, right? The alternative modes are
"primary/secondary IO mapped addressing", "continuous IO mapped addressing".

I've been trying to get it working with the patch Thomas Kleffel recently sent
to lkml that enables CF devices to be accessed using MMIO. The problem I have
is the Microdrive apparently fails to deliver interrupts. The drive is
recognised and the geometry is read but then it repeatedly times out with "lost
interrupt".. I've attempted to modify ide-cs.c to map the attribute memory and
set the device to different modes, but so far no luck. I've read through the
spec several times, but I can't see why it wouldn't be working.

Original MMIO patch:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-pcmcia/2006-May/003589.html

Microdrive spec:
http://www.hitachigst.com/tech/techlib.nsf/techdocs/A136D80F0D64067386256D8D005719B8/$file/3K4Micro_spec.pdf