kernel 2.6.15 - no high memory space available (WIN-ACCESS)

Thomas Moritz thm_ml at thmoritz.de
Wed Mar 1 14:27:57 EST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 1. März 2006 16:18 meinte Thomas Moritz:

Hello all,

> This type of cards are not working. Thats my biggest problem.
> One of my cards i have send to a friend. He tries formatting
> this card with a old DOS-machine. My next test is the formatted
> card.

The formatted card is comming up. The friend means, i must install
the "standard" driver for pcmcia-memory-cards by Windows-XP for
testing. (no search! select from list)
And show - the card is a new device.
Here are the settings from Windows for information:
(Sorry for german text!)

===CARD===
(Geraeteinstanzkennung)
PCMCIA\UNKNOWN_MANUFACTURER-0B8B\1
(passende Geraetekennung)
pcmcia\mtd-0000
(Dienst)
memcard
(Ressourcen)
Speicherbereich	FFEFA000-FFEFBFFF

===CONTROLLER 1===
Speicherbereich 90180000-90180FFF
Speicherbereich FFEFE000-FFEFEFFF
Speicherbereich FAC00000-FEBFFFFF
E/A-Bereich 	FF00-FFFF
E/A-Bereich 	FE00-FEFF
IRQ 18
Speicherbereich	000DF000-000DFFFF

===CONTROLLER 2===
Speicherbereich 90200000-90200FFF
Speicherbereich FFEFD000-FFEFDFFF
Speicherbereich F6C00000-FABFFFFF
E/A-Bereich 	FD00-FDFF
E/A-Bereich 	FC00-FCFF
IRQ 18
Speicherbereich	000DE000-000DEFFF

For testing, i have insert a card without filesystem!
The card was recognized and a drive was created, but access denied.
It's OK for a system with "Windows":-)

Best regards
Th. Moritz