FC5 not properly configuring modem of multifunction modem/ethernet card

jar jar at pcuf.fi
Tue Jul 11 08:50:39 EDT 2006

Stanley A. Klein wrote:
> The file is definitely there and it was put there by FC5.

OK, my fault, it is there. But that file is only for pcmcia resource management
(memory, irq) not for defining cards as far I know.

Maybe your card needs that the 3CXEM556.cis gets loaded. Try to copy
3CXEM556.dat to /lib/firmware/3CXEM556.cis or /etc/firmware/3CXEM556.cis. The
3CXEM556.dat file can be found from the pcmcia-cs package.

BR. Jar