Trouble with CardBus wireless card. Please help me!

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Tue Jan 17 17:13:51 EST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:30:36PM +0300, Sangre wrote:
> 2.D-Link AirPlus DWL-G650+ B1 Wireless CardBus Adapter (in 2.4.X kernel I
> use acx100 driver - it works fine).

> I try use 2.6.14 and my wireless card not start. Wired card work normal.

Most probably the driver for the wireless card isn't present for your kernel.
Unfortunately, the wireless situation in the Linux kernel is still
problematic, though there are some hopeful developments recently. Therefore,
you most probably still need an external kernel module, just like the acx100
driver.

> Linux book 2.6.14-gentoo-r4 #30 PREEMPT Tue Jan 17 00:26:20 MSK 2006 i686

Did you do a fresh

	emerge acx100

when running this new kernel? You should try out that. Other than that, I do
not see any problematic behaviour of the pcmcia subsystem, especially as

> 05:00.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless Interface

is reported fine in lspci. Oh, and you most probably do not need the
pci=assign-busses paramter.

Hope this helps,