Trouble with CardBus wireless card. Please help me!

Sangre Sangre at inbox.ru
Wed Jan 18 09:51:19 EST 2006

В сообщении от 18 января 2006 01:13 Dominik Brodowski написал(a):
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:30:36PM +0300, Sangre wrote:
> > 2.D-Link AirPlus DWL-G650+ B1 Wireless CardBus Adapter (in 2.4.X kernel I
> > use acx100 driver - it works fine).
> >
> > I try use 2.6.14 and my wireless card not start. Wired card work normal.
>
> Most probably the driver for the wireless card isn't present for your
> kernel. Unfortunately, the wireless situation in the Linux kernel is still
> problematic, though there are some hopeful developments recently.
> Therefore, you most probably still need an external kernel module, just
> like the acx100 driver.
>
> > Linux book 2.6.14-gentoo-r4 #30 PREEMPT Tue Jan 17 00:26:20 MSK 2006 i686
>
> Did you do a fresh
>
> 	emerge acx100
>
> when running this new kernel? You should try out that. Other than that, I
> do not see any problematic behaviour of the pcmcia subsystem, especially as
>
> > 05:00.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless
> > Interface
>
> is reported fine in lspci. Oh, and you most probably do not need the
> pci=assign-busses paramter.
>
> Hope this helps,
> 	Dominik

Thank you for answer!

Why don`t work pccardctl program?
I am using 012 version of pcmciautils.

I am install acx100 driver.
I try start... nothing.
Driver can`t detect card.

dmesg out:
acx: this driver is still EXPERIMENTAL
acx: reading README file and/or Craig's HOWTO is recommended, visit
http://acx100.sf.net in case of further questions/discussion
acx: compiled to use 32bit I/O access. I/O timing issues might occur, such as
non-working firmware upload. Report them
running on a little-endian CPU
PCI module v0.3.20 initialized, waiting for cards to probe...

I post this message in acx developers site. May be they can help me.

Be happy!
Serge.