pcmcia i82365 yenta

Paul Miller listmail at voltar-confed.org
Mon Sep 12 07:08:15 EDT 2005

I have a "CardBus Bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1131 (rev 1)"
according to lspci, in a very ancient laptop.  When I moved up to
the 2.4 kernel, I learned to compile pcmcia-cs without kernel
support and found that 'modprobe i82365; modprobe ds; cardmgr -f'
got my sockets online and I could use the net.

When I moved up to the 2.6 kernel, pcmcia-cs complained that I
should use the kernel support.  The kernel says I don't have an
i82365 when I modprobe it.  There is no ds.  I tried yenta, which
made the lights come on, but it can't see any of my pc cards.

Do I go back to 2.4?  Do I try to get pcmcia-cs to compile the
modules under 2.6?

Please help,

-Paul

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
74 jumps, 29.9 minutes of freefall, 57.9 freefall miles.