pcmcia i82365 yenta

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Mon Sep 12 08:14:29 EDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 07:08:15AM -0400, Paul Miller wrote:
> When I moved up to the 2.6 kernel, pcmcia-cs complained that I
> should use the kernel support.  The kernel says I don't have an
> i82365 when I modprobe it.  There is no ds.  I tried yenta, which
> made the lights come on, but it can't see any of my pc cards.

Use yenta.  What are your cards?  Cardbus or pcmcia?  If they're
cardbus, you should find them with lspci.  If pcmcia, cardctl
ident should show them.

In any case, posting the kernel messages, lspci -vv and cardctl
status output would help.

(ds doesn't exist anymore - it's now called pcmcia.)

> If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.

Whereas an airplane flies, but a boat doesn't swim, it floats on water.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 Serial core