PCMCIA can't be probed during kernel loading????

Russell King rmk at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 15:44:05 BST 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:36:38PM +0200, linux at brodo.de wrote:
> Currently, yes. Nonetheless it should become possible soon. Yang, are you
> willing to test 2.5. patches? If so, please send me a lspci -vv of the
> Dell inspiron.

lspci doesn't help you to find the regions that pcmcia shouldn't use.

Based upon discussion I've had with Arjan, the only thing that tells
you seems to be experience and quirk lists.

Apparantly, the Red Hat installer has such a list of currently known
SMI ports and other quirks, and builds a custom configuration for
cardmgr at installation based upon the hardware it discovers in the
machine.

--
Russell King (rmk at arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux