LSF/MM 2017: Call for Proposals

Jeff Layton jlayton at poochiereds.net
Tue Dec 27 09:19:07 PST 2016

We initially sent this pretty early this year, so this is a resend in
case anyone missed the first posting. The call for topics and attendance
requests is open until January 15th, 2017.

The original message follows:

----------------------8<------------------------

The annual Linux Storage, Filesystem and Memory Management (LSF/MM)
Summit for 2017 will be held on March 20th and 21st at the Hyatt
Cambridge, Cambridge, MA. LSF/MM is an invitation-only technical
workshop to map out improvements to the Linux storage, filesystem and
memory management subsystems that will make their way into the mainline
kernel within the coming years.

    http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linux-storage-filesystem-and-mm-summit

Like last year, LSF/MM will be colocated with the Linux Foundation Vault
conference which takes place on March 22nd and 23rd in the same Venue.
For those that do not know, Vault is designed to be an event where open
source storage and filesystem practitioners meet storage implementors
and, as such, it would be of benefit for LSF/MM attendees to attend.

Unlike past years, Vault admission is not free for LSF/MM attendees this
year unless they're giving a talk. There is a discount for LSF/MM
attendees, however we would also like to encourage folks to submit talk
proposals to speak at the Vault conference.

    http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/vault

On behalf of the committee I am issuing a call for agenda proposals that
are suitable for cross-track discussion as well as technical subjects
for the breakout sessions.

If advance notice is required for visa applications then please point
that out in your proposal or request to attend, and submit the topic
as soon as possible.

1) Proposals for agenda topics should be sent before January 15th, 2016
to:

    lsf-pc at lists.linux-foundation.org

and cc the Linux list or lists that are relevant for the topic in
question:

    ATA:   linux-ide at vger.kernel.org
    Block: linux-block at vger.kernel.org
    FS:    linux-fsdevel at vger.kernel.org
    MM:    linux-mm at kvack.org
    SCSI:  linux-scsi at vger.kernel.org
    NVMe:  linux-nvme at lists.infradead.org

Please tag your proposal with [LSF/MM TOPIC] to make it easier to track.
In addition, please make sure to start a new thread for each topic
rather than following up to an existing one.  Agenda topics and
attendees will be selected by the program committee, but the final
agenda will be formed by consensus of the attendees on the day.

2) Requests to attend the summit for those that are not proposing a
topic should be sent to:

    lsf-pc at lists.linux-foundation.org

Please summarise what expertise you will bring to the meeting, and what
you would like to discuss. Please also tag your email with [LSF/MM
ATTEND] and send it as a new thread so there is less chance of it
getting lost.

We will try to cap attendance at around 25-30 per track to facilitate
discussions although the final numbers will depend on the room sizes at
the venue.

Brief presentations are allowed to guide discussion, but are strongly
discouraged. There will be no recording or audio bridge. However, we
expect that written minutes will be published as we did in previous
years:

2016: https://lwn.net/Articles/lsfmm2016/

2015: https://lwn.net/Articles/lsfmm2015/

2014: http://lwn.net/Articles/LSFMM2014/

2013: http://lwn.net/Articles/548089/

3) If you have feedback on last year's meeting that we can use to
improve this year's, please also send that to:

    lsf-pc at lists.linux-foundation.org

Thank you on behalf of the program committee:

Storage:
    James Bottomley
    Martin K. Petersen (track chair)
    Sagi Grimberg