[LSF/MM TOPIC ATTEND] multipath for NVMe over Fabrics

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Thu Dec 8 22:43:59 PST 2016

On 12/09/2016 02:16 AM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> I'd like to discuss $subject.  I haven't heard of much progress on this
> (but I'm also not tracking NVMe development at the moment).
>
> Last I heard about getting DM multipath to work with NVMe over Fabrics
> was this: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9208997/
>
> I've reintroduced bio-based support for the DM multipath target.
> Between now and LSF I hope to come to terms with what the various work
> items are for making DM multipath work for NVMeoF.  I welcome any
> ideas/thoughts others might have.

Funny that you mention it.

I've got fed up with the mess that is multipath-tools, and decided to
rework the entire thing. Including the kernel side.
I hope to have something ready soon, will be sending out an RFC once
it's presentable.

So yes, I'd _definitely_ be interested in that.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke		   Teamlead Storage & Networking
hare at suse.de			               +49 911 74053 688