Annoying ML complains about "suspicious header"

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:54:59 EST 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 00:40 -0800, Brian Norris wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM, Brian Norris
> <computersforpeace at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> There are several rules on the server which try to trap mails which
> >> break threading, and HTML mails.
> >> Anyway, I'd vote to remove these rules altogether.
> >
> > OK, but who can actually *do* this? Is dwmw the only ML moderator?
>
> BTW, I wouldn't vote to remove *all* the aforementioned rules. I think
> the HTML filter is probably still valid (it's standard practice for
> all other Linux mailing lists, I think; and HTML mail is unnecessary
> and even problematic), but some of the threading ones have really
> stumped me before and probably should be improved or dropped.

I would vote to remove all the trapping. Especially if you take into
account that no one moderates that the list nowadays. I did this in the
past occasionally, but not anymore.

For html - if the community wants to be that strict, it is better to
reject them with a notification. Trapping makes little sense, no?

Then there are the multipart/alternative e-mails with both paint-text
and HTML versions of the text, one could let them go through, I guess.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy