Annoying ML complains about "suspicious header"

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:40:34 EST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM, Brian Norris
<computersforpeace at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 07:09 +0100, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>>> I think it's 5th time ML complains about some unspecified "suspicious
>>> header" in my patches. I sent patches using "git send-email", so I
>>> really don't know what may be wrong with them.
>>
>> There are several rules on the server which try to trap mails which
>> break threading, and HTML mails.
>> Anyway, I'd vote to remove these rules altogether.
>
> OK, but who can actually *do* this? Is dwmw the only ML moderator?

BTW, I wouldn't vote to remove *all* the aforementioned rules. I think
the HTML filter is probably still valid (it's standard practice for
all other Linux mailing lists, I think; and HTML mail is unnecessary
and even problematic), but some of the threading ones have really
stumped me before and probably should be improved or dropped.

Brian