UBIFS error: replay_log_leb: first log node at LEB 3:0 is not CS node

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind1 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 10:03:04 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 09:45 -0400, James Nute wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm getting a UBIFS Corruption during a power failure with a fail
> signature that I believe is different from what has been seen in the
> past.
> When I flash a new UBI image onto my device and boot it for the first
> time everything comes up as expected. However if I force a power
> failure before any major file writes occur the device will crash when
> UBIFS attempts to recover during the next reboot. If I force a sync
> command before the power failure I am able to successfully avert the
> recovery failure. I worry that this indicates something ugly is going
> on that I can't detect.

Unfortunately you did not really enable the debugging messages or you
forgot to type "dmesg". Anyway, they are absent.

> To get more debug messages I have enabled UBIFS debugging and enabled
> the recovery and mount messages by booting with
> ""ubifs.debug_msgs=6144 ignore_loglevel" kernel parameters

Can you actually enable them and share the log? Or may be you can dump
the image and share it - I should be able to put it to nandsim and try
to mount and see.

Looks like old master node was for some reason selected for some reason
- I'd first looked to the master area. But most probably it was already
cleaned-up when you tried to mounted for the very first time after the
power cut. Do you have kernel logs of that ? Are there messages about
corrupted master node?

Is this problem reproducible?

--
Best Regards,