UBIFS error: replay_log_leb: first log node at LEB 3:0 is not CS node

James Nute newten82 at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:56:57 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 09:45 -0400, James Nute wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm getting a UBIFS Corruption during a power failure with a fail
>> signature that I believe is different from what has been seen in the
>> past.
>> When I flash a new UBI image onto my device and boot it for the first
>> time everything comes up as expected. However if I force a power
>> failure before any major file writes occur the device will crash when
>> UBIFS attempts to recover during the next reboot. If I force a sync
>> command before the power failure I am able to successfully avert the
>> recovery failure. I worry that this indicates something ugly is going
>> on that I can't detect.
>
> Unfortunately you did not really enable the debugging messages or you
> forgot to type "dmesg". Anyway, they are absent.
>

>> To get more debug messages I have enabled UBIFS debugging and enabled
>> the recovery and mount messages by booting with
>> ""ubifs.debug_msgs=6144 ignore_loglevel" kernel parameters
>
> Can you actually enable them and share the log?

I did the following to enable debugging:
1. "CONFIG_UBIFS_FS_DEBUG=y" in kernel config
2. Added "ubifs.debug_msgs=6144" to the kernel command line
3. Added "ignore_loglevel" to the kernel command line
4. Captured all console output with putty and uploaded to
http://mcreech.com/work/ubifs-2012-05-08.txt

I'm not sure what step I missed to enable the full debugging messages.
I am getting some UBIFS DBG messages in my log but not many.

> Or may be you can dump
> the image and share it - I should be able to put it to nandsim and try
> to mount and see.

I will look into dumping the image for you but I have not done this before.
Do you want a dump from before the power fail or after?

> Is this problem reproducible?
Yes I have had no trouble recreating this fail.

I will continue to try to figure out why I am not getting all the
debug messages.
Thank you for help