Unstable bits and JFFS2

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:12:13 EDT 2012

Hi Matej,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Matej Kupljen <matej.kupljen at gmail.com> wrote:
> during my experiments with the UBIFS crashing, I believe that I am experiencing
> the "unstable bit" issue.
>
> Would another FS, like JFFS2 work on such device, or I'd have the problems on
> such device with all file systems?

I doubt it. JFFS2 is not supported much anymore, and it is not
designed for some of the problems with modern NAND flash.

Have you read the information here?

http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html#L_unstable_bits

I'm not much of an export on UBIFS or unstable bits, but I think that
there are some unsolved problems. However, before ruling this an
unstable bits problem, it's a good idea to rule out any other possible
issues.

Brian