jffs2 file corruption shows up in linux kernel but not u-boot

Walden, Gerald Gerald.Walden at hospira.com
Mon Apr 2 11:19:40 EDT 2012

I am using the 2.6.33 kernel.

I am also using the latest version of u-boot.

Our devices have the jffs2 filesystem on flash - mounted at /mnt/jffs2

We write a file which is about 64k to /mnt/jffs2/lib/filename.xml

On 50 out of some 500 boards, we get the error "requestied to read an nonexistent ino #25" after I do
an "ls -al /mnt/jffs2/lib"

Subsequent mounts will mount the file system - the error message above is still printed out during mounting.

The reason I bring up u-boot is that I can halt the boot process to get to the u-boot prompt, and I can
execute the command "ls".  The ls command scans the jffs2 filesystem.  The u-boot jffs2 scan process shows no
errors and completes printing out the filesystem listing.

It seems that u-boot has validated the filesystem, yet when I load the linux kernel and interact with the filesystem
at the /mnt/jffs2/lib the readinode.c routine in the jffs2 subsystems finds an error.

Any advice on these results??

Thanks

Jerry

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT. This email and any attachment is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged information that may be subject to Hospira internal policies. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify Hospira immediately by return email or by email to privacypostmaster at hospira.com and delete the message and all copies and attachments from your system.