nand_base.c:nand_get_flash_type() test results

Mike Dunn mikedunn at newsguy.com
Sun Oct 16 10:33:26 EDT 2011

On 10/12/2011 08:26 AM, Angus CLARK wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> While attempting to add support for some of the more recent NAND devices, I
> ended up refactoring nand_get_flash_type() code.  The refactoring was primarily
> aimed at simplifying the way in which the growing number 'READID' decoding
> exceptions could be accommodated.

I am currently grappling with this issue with my driver for the diskonchip G4,
which is an MLC nand under the hood, but has a proprietary controller around it
which doesn't interact as a "typical" NAND device.  Specific to this topic, it
doesn't respond to NAND_READID commands.  My solution was to skip the call to
nand_scan_ident(), which calls nand_get_flash_type().  Instead, I do all the
initializations done by nand_get_flash_type() within my driver.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike