ubi image only mounts once

Douglass, Woody Woodrow.Douglass at QinetiQ-NA.com
Mon Jun 6 11:53:19 EDT 2011

Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried both ubiformat (passing -f with
my image) and nandwrite, both seem to behave the same way. The
filesystem mounts once, but when I reboot, it doesn't ever mount again.

I cannot upgrade my kernel as my development schedule is too aggressive;
I don't have time. I'm using 2.6.32 for now; if I fail at getting UBI to
work, I can fall back on jffs2, which works, but I prefer UBIFS.

Note that I did successfully load a ubi image with this kernel In the
past with a filesystem image generated from OpenEmbedded. Could my
mkfs.ubifs/ubinize be the issue?

Thanks,
Woody

Woodrow Douglass
Software Design Engineer
QinetiQ North America
Technology Solutions Group
137 Delta Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
(412) 449 1492
woodrow.douglass at qinetiq-na.com

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO
WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Whilst this message has been swept by anti-virus software, you are
solely responsible for ensuring that any mail or attachments you receive
are virus free. We disclaim liability for any damage you suffer as a
consequence of receiving any virus; further communication will signify
your consent to this. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify info at automatika.com by e-mail or telephone, and delete the
original message. Thank you.