ubi image only mounts once

Matthew L. Creech mlcreech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 00:03:39 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Douglass, Woody
<Woodrow.Douglass at qinetiq-na.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build a linux image to run on a custom omap3530 board. I
> have reached a point where my build system builds a UBI image that can
> be mounted exactly once; subsequent mounts fail. Here is the related
> dmesg output:

<snip>

Hi,

How are you flashing the image on to NAND - using "ubiformat", or a
direct flashing utility like "nandwrite"?  I ask because it sounds
like the problem described here:

http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html#L_why_ubiformat

Using "ubiformat" or generating the UBIFS image with the
free-space-fixup (-F) flag will fix the problem, if that's what it is.
If you use the mkfs.ubifs fixup flag, you'll need a very recent kernel
(3.0-rc1), and possibly also Ben Gardiner's patches from a couple days
ago:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2011-May/035737.html

--
Matthew L. Creech