New mtd-utils release?

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Mon Dec 14 09:41:38 EST 2009

>>>>> "Josh" == Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Josh> I've avoided doing a release because there isn't a really good
 Josh> way to correlate mtd-utils to kernel version.  I don't believe
 Josh> there have been any on-disk (Ha!) UBIFS format changes, and UBI
 Josh> itself hasn't had format changes for a long time, so it is
 Josh> probably safe to do that now.

Well, you'll have those version issues anyway - With known-good git
SHA1's or releases. Adding a release would just make more people use the
same revision, instead of people using git head of whatever day they
needed mtd-utils.

 Josh> (Also, I believe nandwrite is _STILL_ broken with the OOB stuff.)

Ok, what is the issue? Anyone working on fixing it? Did it work back in
1.2.0?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard