Global changelogs about

Schlägl Manfred jun. manfred.schlaegl at gmx.at
Fri Feb 29 03:42:57 EST 2008

Am Freitag, den 29.02.2008, 00:50 +0100 schrieb Jörn Engel:
> On Thu, 28 February 2008 23:37:32 +0100, Schlägl Manfred jun. wrote:
> >
> > My name is Schlaegl Manfred and I'm new on the list. I spent the last
> > two week on viewing and analyzing source codes of mtd+nand and jffs2.
> > I like to proof the consitency(wear-leveling, bad-block handling, etc.)
> > for our requirements so I need some information about
> > critical-changes(bugfixes,etc) of mtd+nand in the last view years. For
> > example a changelog of critical changes or something.
> >
> > Second: We are currently using kernels 2.6.12 and 2.6.15. Are there any
> > critical bugs or problems of mtd+nand known on this kernel-versions?
>
> I hope you do realize the rudeness of your request.  I still have a lot
> of dirty laundry to wash, would you be willing to take care of it?
> Maybe water my plants?  Take out the trash?
My request wasn't meant like that. I don't wanted to affront the people
here. I just wanted to know, if such a list of critical bugs or problems
exist for the last few years. Don't you think such a list would be
useful for people who want to get in mtd(+nand) using and development?

 If such a list not exist i'll create it by my self and make it public
to you and the others. I know: It's MY work to do, I just not wanted to
do work twice.

> If you want to participate, send patches, review code, report bugs or
> provide documentation.  Otherwise leave and don't come back.
Providing documentation, results of my testing, etc. .. just what i like
to do currently...

Again, I'm sorry .. I hope, you understand the reason of my request.
I've already found a starting-point for working on mtd. Source and
documentation about mtd ist very well, but I thought, this further
information would have been very useful for me, to do expedient work on
mtd.

> Jörn

respects
	Manfred