DOCBoot: "diskonchip" driver depreciated?

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) dupre at avab.com
Tue Sep 27 20:36:15 EDT 2005

The DOCboot README refers to the kernel's diskonchip driver.

I am currently working with an un-patched 2.6.11.12 kernel.  It it
there are drivers for Disk-On-Chip 2000 and various Millennium
devices.  These are all marked depreciated.  Menuconfig help suggests
to use the generic NAND device driver instead on the Disk-On-Chip
driver.

Should this generic NAND driver work in conjunction with the DOCboot
code and a "newer" DOC 2000 device?

I'm not tied to this kernel by any means, it is just what was current
when I started.  But I _do_ need to get booting from the DOC 2000
device and have not yet figured out how to do this.  I am using the
DOC MD2202 series DIP on an i486 platform.

Thanks,

- Joe