DOCboot "BDK" partition, TLAs

William J Beksi wjbeksi at setabox.com
Tue Sep 27 21:38:13 EDT 2005

Hi Joe,

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) wrote:
> What is meant by the "BDK partition" the DOCboot README?
>
> M-Systems literature uses BDK to refer to their Boot software
> Development Kit.  With that software API you can access the "Binary
> Partition".
>
> So when you refer to the "BDK partition" are you refering to what M-
> Systems calls the "Binary Partition"?

Yes, a BDK partition is a binary partition.

A DOC chip consists of the following partitions: IPL, BDK, BDTL. The
code in the IPL partition does some system initialization, such as
initialzing the RAM. You can use the BDK partitions to hold your
bootloader and kernel image. The BDTL is a filesystem partition and can
be accessed through /dev/tffsa. I believe the total possible number of
partitions BDK + BDTL is 4.

You can use the SDK API provided by M-Systems to access the BDK and IPL
partitions. There is documentation on M-System's website describing all
of this.

--
William J Beksi                          <wjbeksi at users.sourceforge.net>
GPG Key Fingerprint = ED4B 32C3 69E6 C2B7 705C  263F CB2F 3253 E7E1 DB3B