docboot: nandwrite: Input file is not page aligned

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) dupre at avab.com
Thu Oct 13 12:44:35 EDT 2005

On 11 Oct 2005 at 14:02, Dan Brown wrote:

> >I am using the uClibc "Buildroot" toolchain.  Dev machine is i686 and
> > target is i486 with a DOC 2000 (MD2202-D128)

> Well, I guess the next step is to examine the code in nandwrite
> carefully.
> I'd start to wonder if the mtd tools just don't build (or run)
> properly under uClibc.  Is there any chance you can use a standard
> glibc environment to doublecheck?

Dan,

I was just now successful in writing doc_spl to the device using
nandwrite generated with glibc-2.2.5 on a RedHat 7.3 partition.

So, evidently there is a problem with the uClibc libraries and
nandwrite, although there are no errors or warnings generated when
compiling with uClibc.

I am just learning C, so I won't be very useful in examining the
nandwrite code "carefully".  Perhaps you could suggest some 'talking
points' I could bring up with the uClibc people.

- Joe