docboot: nandwrite: Input file is not page aligned

Joseph M Dupre (AVAB Inc.) dupre at avab.com
Tue Oct 11 17:44:25 EDT 2005

On 11 Oct 2005 at 14:02, Dan Brown wrote:

> ./mtd_debug info /dev/mtd1
>
> Could you send me the output from that?  On my DOC device it says
> (among other things):
>
> mtd.erasesize = 16384 (16K)
> mtd.oobblock = 512
> mtd.oobsize = 16
>
> If you get the same result, then we're in really weird territory, and
> I'd start to wonder if the mtd tools just don't build (or run)
> properly under uClibc.  Is there any chance you can use a standard
> glibc environment to doublecheck?

I get this output for 'mtd_debug info /dev/mdt1':

mtd.type = MTD_NANDFLASH
mtd.flags = MTD_CLEAR_BITS | MTD_ERASEABLE | MTD_OOB | MTD_ECC
mtd.size = 10567680 (10M)
mtd.erasesize = 16384 (16K)
mtd.oobblock = 512
mtd.oobsize = 16
mtd.ecctype = MTD_ECC_SW
regions = 0

Yes I think can set up a clean glibc system on this hardware to test.
I had a Linux From Scratch system up and running at one time.  If I
can only find it now...

- Joe