[UPDATE] DOCBoot support for NFTL-based DOC2000

Zeri Virgo zerivirgo at infocell-its.com
Thu Mar 31 10:50:48 EST 2005

Dan Brown wrote:
> As promised (albeit somewhat delayed), I have just checked into CVS some
> changes to DOCBoot supporting NFTL-based DOC2000 devices.

Thanks for this - it's just what I need!

Unfortunately my 2.6.11.5 kernel patched with mtd/patchkernel.sh, is
crashing with the following stack trace (I've just jotted down the
symbols)...

EIP is at nand_do_read
nand_read+0x2c/0x30
find_media_headers+0x3e/0x150
nftl_scan_bbt+0x8f/0x360
nand_scan+0x466/0x940
doc2000_count_chips+0x4e/0x60
init_nanddoc+0x34b/0xad0
do_initcalls

The MTD section of my .config is below (I removed NFTL because I'm only
going to be using JFFS2, ok?). Is there anything obviously wrong here?

- Zeri

CONFIG_MTD=y
# CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_MTD_CONCAT=y
CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS=y
# CONFIG_MTD_REDBOOT_PARTS is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS is not setCONFIG_MTD_CHAR=y
CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK=y
# CONFIG_FTL is not set
# CONFIG_NFTL is not set
# CONFIG_INFTL is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_CFI is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_JEDECPROBE is not set
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_1=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_2=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_4=y
# CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_8 is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_16 is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_32 is not set
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I1=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I2=y
# CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I4 is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I8 is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_RAM is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_ROM is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_ABSENT is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_COMPLEX_MAPPINGS is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_PLATRAM is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_PMC551 is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_SLRAM is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_PHRAM is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_MTDRAM is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_BLKMTD is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK2MTD is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_DOC2000 is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_DOC2001 is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_DOC2001PLUS is not set
CONFIG_MTD_NAND=y
# CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE is not set
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_IDS=y
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_DISKONCHIP=y
# CONFIG_MTD_NAND_DISKONCHIP_PROBE_ADVANCED is not set
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_DISKONCHIP_PROBE_ADDRESS=0
# CONFIG_MTD_NAND_DISKONCHIP_BBTWRITE is not set
# CONFIG_MTD_NAND_NANDSIM is not set