[UPDATE] DOCBoot support for NFTL-based DOC2000

Dan Brown dan_brown at ieee.org
Thu Mar 31 15:35:34 EST 2005

Zeri Virgo wrote:

> Unfortunately my 2.6.11.5 kernel patched with mtd/patchkernel.sh, is
> crashing with the following stack trace (I've just jotted down the
> symbols)...

Hmm.  Looks like I broke something when I changed the code to scan the
entire device for media headers.  Some questions for you:

 - What size is your DOC?
 - How big is your firmware area?  (I'm assuming you resized it using
the DOS-based tools)
 - Did the diskonchip driver work for you without crashing before my
latest changes?  (Obviously this would be with a standard-sized firmware
area)
 - Can you tell me what kind of crash it is?  NULL pointer dereference, etc?
 - What information (if any) is printed when the DOC is detected, before
the crash?  I'm interested in information about the number and sizes of
NAND chips, number of chips per floor, etc.

> The MTD section of my .config is below (I removed NFTL because I'm
> only going to be using JFFS2, ok?). Is there anything obviously wrong
> here?

I didn't see anything wrong in your config options.

    -Dan