[patch] physmap.c

Lucas Correia Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Thu Jul 8 22:07:31 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've been working with an ARM iMX board, where it was needed to have mtd
partitions on flash memory (using "phys_mapped_flash") and on SRAM chips
(using "map_ram") at the same time. I wasn't able to do that with the current
physmap.c mapping, so a few modifications were made to handle this situation
properly.

This patch allows one to define more than one device when using physmap
mapping, for those who aren't using CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS.

I would like to know if such feature is welcome. If so, I can give a code
cleanup and repost (if needed), or just tell me to shut up and walk away
otherwise :-)

Could someone give a review on it? The patch was applied against
mtd-snapshot-20040707.

Thanks,
Lucas