Announcing DOCBoot

Dan Brown dan_brown at ieee.org
Fri Jul 9 13:00:24 EDT 2004

I've just committed to CVS a very small, simple Linux bootloader for
DiskOnChip.  This is based on David Woodhouse's Grub loader, but instead of
modify an existing bootloader (such as LILO or Grub) to understand DOC
hardware access and JFFS2.  Instead, we just append the kernel image to the
bootloader and write the whole thing to flash, replacing the M-Systems BIOS
code.

Please take a look at docboot/README for instructions, limitations, etc.
Comments, criticism, and testing reports much appreciated.

    -Dan Brown