How to exploit STS pin of Strata Flash

Jared Hulbert jaredeh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:44:45 EST 2004

> To avoid the bus accesses to detect the end of erase/write operations.
> This wastes a lot of bus bandwidth.

I believe the current StrataFlash drivers actually sleep() for an
appropriate amount of time in both the write and erase routines.  I'm
not sure that they are actually going to be wasting that much useful
bus time.  I'm curious to know if you have any data to suggest this
bus usage has any significant impact on system performance.

> >How?  Connect it to a irq line?
>
> Is this supported by MTD? How to enable this feature in the low-level driver?
> I had a look at the existing drivers but it neems no one uses interrupt ...

No.  I was just curious what you were thinking of.  It could be done.
If you really think its worth it.

,Jared