How to exploit STS pin of Strata Flash

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Tue Dec 28 03:56:32 EST 2004

> > I have a question about STS pin of Strata Flash.
> > I'd like to implement a function in the low-level map driver
> > in order to exploit the STS pin to read the ready/busy
> > status (NAND-like).
> > How should I hack the code? It seems there is
> > no <board>_device_ready or something like that ...
>
>Why?

To avoid the bus accesses to detect the end of erase/write operations.
This wastes a lot of bus bandwidth.

>How?  Connect it to a irq line?

Is this supported by MTD? How to enable this feature in the low-level driver?
I had a look at the existing drivers but it neems no one uses interrupt ...

Regards,

llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it