MTD driver

Stephan Linke Stephan.Linke at epygi.de
Thu Dec 9 03:51:12 EST 2004

Hi Subrahmanyam,

to setup a separate partition you should have a look at the files in mtd/maps
directory.

The rest is simple as long as you whant to access it from user space. Just use
open/lseek/write (see man pages (2)) on either the filedescriptor of a regular
file or the device inode of the new flash partition.

If you need to access the data from within kernel code it is slightly different.
If you write to a flash partition you can find some ideas how to do it in
mtd/maps. About writing a file from within kernel code I can only tell you that
it is possible but I have no experience.

Stephan