MTD driver

Subrahmanyam subrahmanyam at navayuga.co.in
Mon Dec 13 03:33:52 EST 2004

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the help.

Inorder to create a new partition on the flash, can I use the "fis" commands
when connected to the target through minicom tool.

As you have said to create a partition, a understanding of the files in
mtd/maps directory is required, but there are so many files pertaining to
it, is it the file of the processor in the target, which in our case happens
to be iop80321.

Please suggest how I can use the already existing jffs2 filesystem upon
which I can create a file and store the key in a file. Apart from the file
system the other option would be to store the key in block oriented format
i.e. by using fis from the redboot.

After storing the key in the flash, you have suggested that I can access the
key using the device inode of the flash partition, how exactly can I obtain
the device inode of a particular partition, could you please suggest the
same.

Thanks,
Subrahmanyam.