Please Help, problem mounting jffs2

Sid Gluckman sgluckman at omnitech.com
Fri Jun 13 11:47:19 EDT 2003

I am kind of a newbie to the jffs2 thing but are you sure that it is just
"sitting" there?  I found that when a jffs2 system is mounted for the first
time with something in the filesystem it goes through some kind of
cataloging function where I'm guessing it is characterizing the device for
bad flash bytes?  Anyways, if you do a 'df' in another shell while it is
sitting there you will see that the device is mounted and that the used
space first slowly cycles to fully used then slowly back down to the correct
used space.  I'm sure someone else could enlighten us both as to what it is
actually doing during this time.  Once it completes this cycle everything is
fine and it doesn't do it on subsequent mounts.  Depending on the flash size
this could take quite a while.

Hope this helps.

Sid