Please Help, problem mounting jffs2

Frank R Callaghan f.callaghan at ieee.org
Fri Jun 13 10:51:41 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I have a problem with mounting my new mtd/jffs2 system
after lots of experiment I have found the after doing
'eraseall /dev/mtd0' I can 'mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt/flash'
with no problem :) but if I umount it and try to re-mount it
will sit there forever !
If I cp a jffs2.img to the device the mount will also lockup
If I erase -> mount I can create files df with no problems,

It seem like the mount does not like mounting with anything
in the filesystem !

What infomation should I gather to find out whats gonig on here ?

Any help greatly appreciated,

TIA,
        Frank.