Handling multiple NAND chips

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jul 25 11:56:09 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 11:51, J.D. Bakker wrote:
> I have a two-hour old CVS; where should I look ?

The fact that select_chip() now takes a 'chip_number' argument, that
nand_scan() now takes a 'max_chips' argument and probes for up to that
many... next is to fix the read/write/erase functions to select the
_correct_ chip according to the address, etc.

> Does it *help* to have separate data/CLE/ALE ?

Probably not. What may help, and to be honest I won't be 100% sure till
we actually come to implement it, is having separate FR/B# so you can
happily poll for completion and leave multiple chips _busy_
independently.

--
dwmw2