A question on ECC

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Sat Apr 19 03:31:45 EDT 2003

On Saturday 19 April 2003 06:14, Edward Lee (???) wrote:
> > That means, YAFFS supplies always a pointer to yaffs_oobinfo structure.
> > Do the "I'ts not recommended ...." messages follow up the above message,
> > or
 show they up elsewhere ? That means, are they really related to
> > accessing the YAFFS partitions ? Please provide a short debug output,
> > where I can see the context of those "It's not recommended ..." messages.
>

> I'm currently not in the proper environment to send you the debug msgs,
> but I can tell you that the 'It's not recommended...' stuff came out just
> 'before'
 the YAFFS msgs did. A bunch of 'It's not recommended...', and
> then another bunch of 'Real Chunk..'.
> I send you the output next monday, I'll have to newly setup a few things
> before
 trying it again.

Add "rootfs=yaffs" to your commandline.

The kernel tries various filesystems before it hits yaffs

> The first partition contains the state of the whole device,
> the second and third has the kernel image, (the first three partitions are
> stored as raw binary)
 and the forth and fifth is used as YAFFS.

OK, but you don't access them from Linux ?

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de